Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Watercolor Class

Tuesday evenings I take a watercolor class in Claremont. I've been taking that class now for about 5 years or so with the same instructor, Aida Hughes. She's great! I've also taken a few other classes with different instructors.

Tonight I painted from a photo I took on Friday in Oceanside. I'll give this one to Mary and Per.


Three weeks ago I painted this fruit stand from a photo I took at Pike's Market in Seattle, while on our cruise vacation.


Last week we painted sunflowers, this is my original painting. The next version of this painting is just tweeked a slight bit in Photoshop, using the levels adjustment.


Photoshop of same painting. Pretty cool.
We always start off the class by painting pears. I added a different background this time to change it up a bit. I call it Three Pears and the Milky Way.

Next week we will be painting a landscape. Hmmmm.
Kathy

2 comments:

Anna said...

Pick New Zealand! Pick New Zealand!

Shannon Olson said...

I love the painting of the waves that is great! it would look wonderful in Mary and Per's house=) The Pikes market one would look good in someone's kitchen. Looks like you are having fun painting and they are really getting good. Remember when you said you couldn't do it?