Saturday, October 2, 2010

Oceanside

Weird weather we've been having in So-Cal these last few days. First it was 106 degrees, then the next day it got cloudy and we had rain and lightning strikes. On Thursday I came home from working at the Fair and the helicopters were dipping into the reservoir for water to put out some spot fires in the hills, caused by the lightening.
This picture is of the sunset Thursday, it is not a fire.

Another shot of the sunset from our backyard.

On Friday, we drove down to Oceanside for the day and stayed at our friend's condo right on the sand. It's located between the pier and the harbor. The weather was perfect. We spent the entire day and evening out on the balcony.


Fairly large waves.


Best view!


Great wave photo, I must say.


I took about 50 photos of waves. I tried to paint "plein Aire" while there, but I cannot paint waves. This way I can practice with the photos.


Little Sandpiper birds are so cute, they dig for sandcrabs when the wave goes back, then run from it when comes up. I can watch them for hours.


A pod of dolphins were playing in the waves. I didn't get the picture, but we saw a dolphin surf the wave.


More waves.


Mary and Per, who own the condo, came to have dinner with us. It was great, they brought the dinner with them. Carl and Per barbequed steaks, Mary made baked potatoes, and I tossed the salad she had made. I did make my own Vodka Tonics, and had a few of them.

Later, I was taking pictures, can you see me behind the glasses through the mirror?

Me and the flying dolphin.


Carl with a dolphin on his head.


Saturday morning, a huge amphibious Navy craft drove from the water onto the sand. It looked like something from Waterworld.


Here is the condo.

We love it down there. Thank you Mary and Per for letting us stay the night.
Kathy

1 comment:

Lacey D said...

that first picture is soo beautiful! Looks like a great relaxing time.