Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sorting it out...

Today is Sunday.

We had our breakfast, then I decided to wash the dog, but first I had to water the yard, but before that I decided to put some clothes in the washer, then back to the yard and watering, then Carl yelled for help to push the midget race car back into the garage, meanwhile the water is still on in the yard, but while I'm in the garage we decide that the crap in boxes which is in the way all the time needs to be gone through, so I empty the stuff out and the large pads of art paper goes up on the new rack overhead that Grant put up while he was here, then the other framed art fit nicely into Shannon's empty closet, but I saw more art that I wanted to hang in my office, so I did that, gave Carl 3 of the empty plastic bins that are not being used, took down 2 boxes of depression glass to give away, went back to the yard, picked up dog crap from my flowerbed, then planted some petunia's there I bought yesterday, turned the hose back on and cleaned up the mess and continued watering my plants, put in the second load of laundry, now I'm writing on this blog, because there is a special message to this blog.

But the dog has not been bathed and it is 11:00 am.

Message is: as I was looking through the art in the garage and found a painting Shannon had done in high school. I've always liked it but she always wanted to throw it in the trash. I actually pulled it out of the trash and kept it. It has been hanging in my office until we painted my office recently. Now it is back where I can see it.
As I was staring at it a huge message popped out at me. This was Shannon's future. The taxi symbolizes her traveling overseas, the floating smile is her happiness, the green flowers are sort of tropical and very green like New Zealand, BUT the tree she created is very similiar to the very first painting she painted in New Zealand last year. ewweeeeeewwwww.

This is her first painting after she went there in 2008. I really liked that painting for some reason too, but I think she probably threw it away by now. The trees are very similiar.
So the bottom line is that I have too much time on my hands and need to get a life.
And I need to go bathe the dog right now.....
Kathy

4 comments:

Shannon Olson said...

I always read your blog! And everyone else too

Anonymous said...

I always read your blog too!!

Mel

beeswax said...

You girls are so nice. Thanks for commenting, sometimes I think no-body is reading, so why write. I'll keep it up, even though there's not much exciting happening here.
Take care

Lacey D said...

i really liked this post! It's funny how doing 1 chore leads to 100 huh. I really like your story on Shannon's painting that is so cool! Shannon, don't throw your art away! Just go get a storage unit if you run out of space haha