Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Happy St. Patrick's Day

Hi Shannon,
I'm showing you what's happening around the house today.
I picked most of the oranges from the tree and wish you were here to share them with me. Last year we powered down the whole harvest ourselves.

I had to pick most of them because the blossoms are ready to open for the 2009 oranges and I do not like to pic oranges when the bees are attacking me.

Look what we did to the front of the house. We took off that window box that was all rotten and termite infested. I planted flowers and the Azalea's are starting to bloom. So much better. I warn the gardners to stay away from my flower bed.

We hung the drawing of Lili in the hallway. Everyone loves it. I see a niche market for you!

Here is the watercolor you did of Lili when you were in college.

And.... here is the pooch herself! My little furry daughter. She wants you to come home too.

Today is St. Patrick's day and my only plan is to go to computer class during the day, then go to watercolor class in the evening. I will probably wear green, but won't be drinking beer or eating corned beef and cabbage.
Tomorrow night I'm going with Cathy P to the Hip Kitty to hear a friend of hers sing. Should be a fun time.
Well, hello to everyone around the globe who may be reading my blog. California is finally starting to warm up. We're expecting the high 70's, low 80's this week. All the wild flowers are in bloom, the hillsides are covered in a blanket of yellow and purple. The sky is brilliant blue and the air is clean (for now).
PS - does anyone want to buy a fishing boat???
Kathy

No comments: