Friday, October 5, 2012

Art and Italy

I continue to take art classes and spend more time at home painting and playing with art. I'm also getting ready to spend two weeks in Italy, leaving on Sunday. Carl will be here, so don't get any ideas....


More Fall leaves, I have a hard time keeping it light. I try to put every color on the paper and it gets darker and darker. This is my version of light.

Don't know which end is up, it doesn't matter.

To get into the Fall spirit, now that the temperatures dropped, I thought I'd paint some pumpkins.


This abstract is watercolor paint on Yupo paper. Watercolor paper is usually paper and clothlike and very absorbent.Yupo paper is sort of plastic, the paint lays and dries on top of the paper, it's weird. You can mix the colors together in a neat way. I'll play with it when I return.

I'm off for the vacation of a lifetime. I'm going with a blank canvas (my mind), with no expectations, basically because I didn't pay any attention to history, geography, religion, etc. in school. I plan to eat great food, from what I hear from those who have been. All my pants have elastic waists and my blouses are baggy, I'm ready.  I plan to post to this blog during my trip, if it works out.

Arrivederci,
Kathy

No comments: