Thursday, January 28, 2010

It's Thursday

Hello Friends, Family and Followers,

Not much is happening up here in Olsonburg. I have a cold, which pretty much pisses me off. We had some crazy sunsets this last week, and our semi-professional photographer, Carl, has been taking some pictures and sending them to me so that I can share them with the gang on my blog. So here they are.

1. Notice the brilliant oranges in the sky which reflect down upon the still water.


2. The sun is trying to break through before it says adios for the day.


3. The very next day brought about a completely different type of sunset. The storm had passed.


Now for the other talent of this house, the artist, me. This is the latest painting from my art class. We are painting snow, which means leave some white paper showing, which is hard to do when you have a full pallet of so many colors to play with.


This is our first painting of the session, we always start with pears. I now have a full collection of pears. Each painting very different. I will do a comparison one of these days.


This is a painting from a photograph that my friend, Leah, took of an old abandoned chuch somewhere in Oregon. About 3rd grade level.


I hope to feel better by tomorrow, because I want to go to the gym, and to the Grand National Roadster Show on Saturday.

Ta Ta, Kathy

1 comment:

Shannon Olson said...

I love your art it is always so colorful and cute =) miss you love you!