Friday, December 18, 2009

One Week until Christmas

To backtrack a week, we enjoyed our annual has-been and cast-offs party at Brian and Betty's house. Ladies and one table and men at the other.

The men were having a large time, with much laughter.

Tomorrow is Saturday and the annual Chrisman Christmas party. Now that dad has his shop next to Art's shop, he is one of the stops for the guests. He will be serving cookies, so I baked 3 batches today.


Chocolate chip, oatmeal raisin and lacey oatmeal. I'm sick from testing the dough and the cookies.

I stopped for a moment from my baking to take a picture of the sunset this evening.
The best colors are in nature, and this is out my back door.

Here is our little Christmas tree. Carl and I are giving ourselves one gift, from me to me and from him to him. The surprise will be to see what the other one bought.

And of course, Lili on the couch. I didn't use a flash because she won't look at the camera if it flashes. She is part of the couch, actually an option you can order and have it died to match the other cushions.

I'm not sure what's happening to my lemon tree in the backyard, but I've been picking some strangely shaped lemons. This one looks just like a chili pepper.
I picked 2 shaped like chili peppers.

Yesterday I picked a few freaks. The big one in the back is next to a normal sized lemon. This fatty must weigh 2 lbs. Then there' the family of freaks in the front row, I could enter them in the circus.

Huge lemon!! Bigger than a grapefruit.




Our front lawn with the fall leaves.


Here is our neighbors new garage door and new paint on the house.

Well that's about all the action happening on this block. Sunday is our Community Christmas Crawl #4. I'll be hosting the baked potato bar.
Stay tuned.
Kathy

1 comment:

Lacey D said...

your cookies were soooo good! that was a good party, lots of people. those lemons are so freaky looking, they are cool to see. i like the way you and carl are doing gifts, you still get a surprise and dont have to worry about not knowing what to get eachother!