Saturday, September 19, 2009

So-Cal at the Petersen Museum

Today was the Grand Opening of the new So-Cal Speed Shop gift and clothing store at the Petersen Automotive Museum in Los Angeles.
Pete and Alex were greeting guests and signing autographs.
Jimmy Shine's pick-up truck sat in the center of the store. The Jimmy Shine apparel was on sale with all of the cool So-Cal shirts and jackets. My black hoodie is my favorite.
Here's some video of the store.
I went with Rondi and Neil, arrived at noon. Everyone was there - all of the friends, employees and families of So-Cal, along with the press, artists and enthuiasts. The store is fabulous! I bought a t-shirt, "So-Cal at the Petersen".


It was also the unveiling of Billy Gibbon's T-Bird, built by So-Cal.


Johnny Rockets (the original hamburger) is new to the Petersen and also had it's Grand Opening today. They rolled back the prices to 1986. I wondered why I got a brownie sundae for only $2.15.
Then.... they danced to Donna Summer's 'Last Dance'. Great hamburgers and a show.

On the way home, Neil drove us on the scenic tour of Los Angeles. I had the Thomas Guide, from the back seat, and directed us through Silver Lake and Echo Park to the 2 Freeway, through Glendale, Pasadena and home. Neil knew where he was, I just like to read maps.

Carl was at the Reno Air Races, so he missed the fun here.

That's all for today. Kathy

No comments: