Sunday, April 24, 2011

Mr. Bunny at the door

Happy Easter one and all!

I was preparing for our annual Easter Breakfast with the gang and the door bell rang. It was too early, people weren't coming until 9 am. Lili barked and ran to the door. I opened it. It was Mr. Bunny, standing there, all alone. He brought the newspapers for us. I welcomed him to the center of our table, where he has proudly stood for at least 5 or 6 years, or maybe more.

The Azalea's are in full bloom, it's Springtime.


I cooked up 2 pounds of bacon.


Brandie with brother, Troy and sis-in-law, Janna. All of them in their Angel's red outfits. They're headed to the Anaheim Angels game right after breakfast. That's Mr. Bunny on the table. He lives at Teresa's house during his off-season.


Carol and Joni, comparing drinks.



Teresa in her Easter lavender top with matching earrings. The food was awesome, I'm still stuffed and it's already 1 pm. We had bacon, ham, potatoes, tortilla casarole, English muffins, fresh fruit, 2 custom cinnamon rolls, brownies, coffee, bloody Mary's, Mamosa's, and last but not least... Easter Eggs.



Carl stopped chewing and posed for his Easter portrait.



Even Lili enjoyed some bacon crisps on her dog food.



Mr. Bunny wanted a picture with me and Carl.



After the party, the flowers should open up right when we leave for our trip to Washington, DC.



We painted calla lilies for our last project in the watercolor class.



This one is the second attempt.



I planted cilantro and basil a couple of weeks ago and they are starting to grow.





I hope everyone has a nice Easter and enjoys time with their loves ones and friends.

Happy Spring!

Kathy

3 comments:

Shannon Olson said...

Looks like you guys had a great breakfast, I wish I could have been there! I love the first attempt at the watercolor of the flowers, I don't think you needed a second attempt!
Love you and Miss you!

Lacey D said...

YUMMMM!! Looks like a great Easter! I love the Azalea's they are beautiful!

Alisha said...

Your paintings looks beautiful. And that Azalea? Talk about gorgeous!

Sounds like a wonderful Easter weekend with some great food. :)