Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

On Sunday we held a block party on Oriole Avenue. So, I baked a cake and some cupcakes. Only the cupcakes made it to the party. The lemon bundt cake stayed home.

I went to Sam's Club to get some ice for the party and came back with Mr. Turtle, Mexican pottery.

Teresa and I enjoying a beer to get the party rolling.

We had 8 tables for eating and 3 tables full of food. It was a pot luck dinner and all of the neighboring streets were invited. Everyone brought out their tables and chairs. I just happen to have at least twenty or so table covers from past parties. People brought salads, meats, desserts, chips, rice, beans, vegetables... there was hardly enough room on the tables for all the food. I thought that there is no way all of this food would get eaten, but to my surprise, there was only a tiny bit left at the end of the night.

Jesse was the hamburger chef. There were 3 BBQ's going at once, with hot dogs, sausages and burgers.

Our neighbor, Rich, has a brick pizza oven in his backyard and made the best vege pizzas.

There must be 20 kids on our block all under the age of 10, at least it seems like 20. Neighbor, Courtney, was kind enough to handle the rental of a bounce house for the kids, which turned out to be a great investment for all. That thing was always full.



I didn't take a head count, but there had to be over 70 people at the party.

Luckily the weather turned a bit cooler just in time, probably around 78, instead of the 90 degree evenings we've been having.

The vegetarian conspiracy. Teresa and Rich.

Today is Monday and Mr. Turtle got planted.

All for now, Oh yes, I almost forgot, the only thing missing was Shannon.
You would have loved it and would have been a big help, I'm sure.
Kathy

2 comments:

Shannon Olson said...

Great blog good to see everyone having fun! Wish I could have been there.

Lacey D said...

that is sooo cool that your neighborhood does that! what a fun get together.